In this new, brief, professional development course, you will have the opportunity to learn about the Smarter Balanced system of tools and resources including:
- the formative assessment process and how to help students achieve their learning goals,
- the different types of interim assessments and how they can be used to inform instruction,
- instructional resources and strategies available in Tools for Teachers,
- depth of knowledge assessed by the different types of tests through the Smarter Content Explorer website, and
- the summative assessments.
Upon completion, you will understand the suite of Smarter Balanced resources available, and how the Smarter Balanced system works to enhance learning. The course includes videos, annotated note-taking guides, and even a scavenger hunt that challenges you to find specific professional learning resources in the Tools for Teachers website.
This free, self-paced course takes about two hours to complete. Participants will receive a certificate of completion after successfully passing the embedded quizzes.
Ready to sign up? Visit the Smarter Balanced Training Website to register using your school email address.
Questions? Contact Cristi Alberino at Cristi.Alberino@ct.gov.