Smarter Balanced Educator Recruitment– Update Summer Meetings Cancelled
Update– Summer meetings have been cancelled. Recruitment is for October ELA and Math. The CSDE and Smarter Balanced are seeking educators who meet all the qualifications outlined below to participate in, in-person content development activities.
- currently certified to teach ELA/literacy or mathematics in a K – 12 public school or certified to teach English learners and/or students with disabilities;
- currently teaching in a public school or currently employed by a public school, district or state education entity, including higher education located in Connecticut; and
- within the past three years:
- have taught ELA/literacy or mathematics in Grades 3 through 8 or have worked in a classroom content support role such as a literacy or district-content specialist AND/OR
- have taught students with disabilities and/or English learners in Grades 3 through 8 or have worked in a support role such as a district/school coordinator or instructional specialist. Specializations in visual impairments or teaching students who are deaf and hard of hearing are encouraged.
- have previously reviewed part or all of the Common Core State Standards for the content area in which they are interested in working; and
- or item writing, all educators must submit a statement of interest upon request that describes (a) the reason(s) for their interest in developing items for the Smarter Balanced assessment system and (b) their qualifications for doing so.
The Smarter Balanced item development process involves educators, researchers, policymakers, and community groups in a transparent consensus-driven process to help all students succeed in a global economy. The 2020 item development meetings are currently:
ELA and Math Item Review: Week of October 26, 2020
All interested candidates, including candidates that have previously applied, must apply by submitting the online application form to Smarter Balanced by April 20, 2020.
Smarter Balanced will contact selected educators directly via e-mail. The selected educators will need to complete additional travel and contract information. Lodging, travel costs, and applicable reimbursements will be provided by Smarter Balanced following the meeting, and may include substitute reimbursement.
Please contact Michelle Rosado at the CSDE by e-mail if you have any questions.